If I get a 1st Mortgage with the credit union, where will I do my closing?

The closing agent varies by state law. In some Eastern states attorneys are closing agents for real estate transactions.  In Oregon, Washington and California, title companies are used to close real estate transactions.  The borrower may choose which title company they prefer.  For a purchase on a new home, closing will take place at a title company chosen by the seller.